Friday, January 17, 2014

Baby post: Diversification by being not as bland

I'd just like to take this small post to say that I will be altering my blog a bit. It's still going to be a baseball blog. I will still talk about stats, free-agents, trades, all that exciting stuff, but I'll have to thank my classmate Clara Buelow for giving me some advice to make my blog more diverse in it's content, making it more accessible for people out there who aren't die hard fans of the game.

The first thing I will do is I will have a monthly baseball movie review. I will start next week with A League of Their Own which is a classic. I will also review movies like Bull Durham, Rookie of the Year, Angels in the Outfield, (makes me cry every time), Moneyball, and any other baseball movies that are out there. You don't have to be a baseball fan to enjoy a good movie about the ol' ball game.

I'd also like to do a post in the future about food at baseball games. Seeing as my financial situation is limited, I won't be able to travel far to get a diverse selection of foods from different ball parks, but you'd be hard pressed not to find anything that both tastes good, and is reasonably priced at Shaw Park here in Winnipeg.

I'd also like to do a feature on different baseball uniforms, I've always been kind of a jersey nut, no matter what the sport is.

I will start this diversification next week, for now, I have homework to complete, and television shows to catch up on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, the baseball movie field is so good. I must have seen Angels in the Outfield 75 times as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 75 times must mean 7500 tears shed. Courtroom scene gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete